I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wating

So.....last Wednesday, I went to see Stephanie Pearl McPhee (the Yarn Harlot) in Burlington, MA. Yes, it was the hottest day of the summer, and yes she was beginning her talk at 7, an hour and a half south from where I live - oh, and did I mention that Burlington, MA at commute time is hell on earth? Nothing would prevent me from getting there...from sitting and hearing her talk. I love reading the posts she makes from her travels, and I just knew it would make my week.

She was, as expected, a delight. She started at 7, spoke for about an hour, and then I spent the next 2 hours waiting for her to sign my books. I would have waited twice as long. I am a relatively new knitter, but ever since reading At Knit's End I have felt like she and I could be great pals.

It was so nice to see all the knitters hanging out, chatting, knitting....no one was put out to have to wait, everyone had a chance to speak to her while she signed books and even the standing in line was great, good people in front of me, and good people behind me. Silly me, just that morning I had put my camera in my other bag..I didn't get a picture of her and I.

The ladies from Ravelry were there, handing out buttons, it reminded me to go join...but sadly, there is a waiting list, and I am impossibly far down. Once I'm on there though, I am sure it will be the website to beat! My OCD loves organized places like that - I can't WAIT.

I would like to join some of the knitting groups I have found on line, but I worry that I am not the accomplished knitter that most of these people seem to be. The mystery shawl projects look really cool, and the sock exchanges look great too...hopefully, I will run across one that is a good fit.

No comments: