I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A New Day

Today is the kind of day that makes me the optimist that I am. Today put my glass back to 1/2 full.

Waking to the beautiful sunrise, the happiness of knowing my big Bear dog was snuggling me in bed and knowing Eric had made it downstairs quietly at some point earlier and had made a pot of coffee, it all started my day on a good note.

Coffee in hand, I spent my Saturday 8:00 hour with my Mom on the phone, followed by the 9-10 hour surfing the news sites. The shower called me at 10. As I came out and was drying off, I discovered this gem had been delivered to my bedroom in the few minutes I had been in the shower....



Inside, a card made with her own hand, at afterschool art class..



Best of all...the note inside....



I think I'll put this into the safe deposit box until she's 15...

No comments: