The apple didn't fall far from the tree, Anna loves to be at the beach all day, every day. (AMEN!)
She met a lovely little girl from Ireland who was there with her family for the week, and they had such a nice time. They were both silly in the same way, and they both were so amiable it was a nice time. They parted ways with the promise of being pen pals - Anna is planning a little package to head over the ocean very soon.
Eric had a good time fishing (for a couple of days..) but I have to share the BEST day of fishing he had..
Which rapidly turned into this...for the remainder of the afternoon.
Anna had her hook in the water for about 10 seconds and up came this guy..
In the end, the tide was rapidy causing the rock to shrink, Anna had caught 7 fish and Eric needed a bit of quiet..
Our part of the Cape is great for kids, lots of sea life, and creatures to find, capture and observe for the day.
There was a kite (of course!)
We also confirmed a couple of things.
Thing 1. Lola hates water in all forms, well, unless it's ice cubed. No beach, no pool, no wet feet on the Princess.
Thing 2. Grandpa should follow what he reads when it says "Danger - Keep OFF", he really needs to stay off the jetty. Which leads us to ..
Thing 3. Thank goodness Anna has a future in medicine..she took care of him.
It was a wonderful, happy, restful week. I could not have asked for more...
2 comments:
It's official. I have Alzheimer's. I could have sworn I'd read and commented on this post already, but I guess not. I know, it's all you people going to the beach on vaccy. It gets confusing. :P
Nice! Very beautiful. I'm glad to hear you had a good time, and I'm glad you all got back in one piece...and dry :P Miss Lola. She kills me.
Thanks for the comments on the knit wear too. Feel free to steal the wine bottle idea. I knicked it from someone who used a beer bottle. Wine has a bit more class :P
I'll be using the wine bottle soon...LOL I'm sure I have an empty one around here somewhere (clink clink)
Classy, that's us. ;)
Post a Comment