Like it's a big surprise, no posts for 4 months or so.
It's hard to sit and write, since I feel like the last 4 months are consumed by a lot of gloom and worry. DH is a builder, and well, the economy sucks. Work is non-existent. We have had to let go of ALL of the guys for now, and Eric is lurking around the house. Lurking is not his thing. We don't want to spend any money, since, for obvious reasons, none is coming in. We can continue on like this financially for a while, but emotionally, it's tough. But no one really wants to hear another tale of economic woe, so...I have been quiet.
Personally, for me, a wonderful selfishly fab knitting retreat I had planned to go on, I couldn't. (see above..the spending thing) I was so excited about it from the minute I heard about it, and it broke my heart not to be able to go. So that sucks.
Let's see...more fun stuff. It's been raining in NH for 2 months straight. I live for the summer. Not happening. More gloom.
My dearest child has left the only school she had ever attended, for the last 5 years. 2 years of preschool and 3 of K, 1 & 2. I am not a fan of change, so great. Happy times. I have been having dreams of teachers and other school staff who don't care about some invented stranger I saw in my dream enter the school. So even in sleep, I don't end up with unicorns and rainbows, I have strange men in bathrobes (really.) entering the school.
The end of school brings the pool party and cookout, which, yes, is WAAY fun. Even in the rain. This year, there was even a batch of margaritas to go with the downpours, so all is well. Good food, and great friends, I am blessed.
Work is, as always FAB. I can't complain there. If there is any downer, it's the rain, but we've covered that. I have a new office with an even more gorgeous view right from my chair. Wonderful, glorious photos to come some day when the rain, rain goes away. I have had 2 great days where I watched the rain clouds lift slowly off of the lake, giving way to sunshine. Sadly, no camera.
What else? Knitting..good stuff. Baby booties, a pattern I modified from knit flat to knit in the round. Sock Wars 4, I had a size 11 target, and was killed before I knit the foot. The assasin who ended up with my socks in progress was kind enough to say how wonderfully I had knit them up for her to finish off. I am still working on my clapotis, in Noro...I'm more than 1/2 way there, but am currently distracted by some .49 cotton yarn I got at the Patternworks annual tent sale. Looking to make a washcloth or two. That's today's thinking work.
Books? Yep, I've got a pile. I am about 5 pages into "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming" by Joshilyn Jackson, it's good so far..but 5 pages isn't much.
On the docket for this summer? Working in the mornings at camp, afternoons home by the pool, or at the lake. A wedding, a 50th birthday (not mine), a 40th birthday (mine), a 10th anniversary (ours), maybe a trip or 2 to NJ, (one quick weekend turnaround trip, and one HOPEFULLY for a few days to see my much missed friend who moved there last fall), my Mom will come visit, I will go there. The requisite 3 or 4 days at the family too-close-for-comfort beach commune/cottages/compound - silver lining there? Apparently, there are a TON of starfish around there this year, no one knows why. I only hope we find some on the beach.
Are we caught up? What is going on with you?
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment