I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Snow anyone?

OK, it's been a few years now since we had a real "winter". Apparently now, we are making up for lost time. I make it a general practice not to watch the weather forecast, they are so rarely right. Even today, as I looked at 6" of snow (AT LEAST) outside, the weatherman had the nerve to say in my town the snow was 3".

WHERE??? In someone's MUDROOM?!?!

We got close to a foot of snow today is our guess, and we were forecast to get 6"-8" if I'm going to start watching the weatherman, he'd better get a little closer to getting it right. Oh, and it's still snowing..did I mention that my IDEAL climatary conditions are 80 degrees and over, preferably HUMID???

Somehow, I ended up with this freak of a pet:






The little look he's giving me is only because it ESCAPES him why I find this to be a photo-worthy moment...



I don't know you silly dog, maybe since you are laying around like it's a sunny June day..while you accumulate an inch of snow on your back.

What a dog. It is clear to him that he IS, in fact a dog. My other dog who died a couple of years ago was his polar opposite. He was offended to think that someone somewhere thought he WAS a dog, because in his eyes, clearly he was not. He enjoyed the snow, but with restraint, and ALWAYS after the sun came out again:



On the holiday front, a bit more knitting, a bit more baking, and more than a few bits of laundry in anticipation of house guests on Sunday. Progress....

No comments: