So, call me crazy, but I have signed on to Sock Wars III. I clearly don't have enough to do in my life, and my spare time, so I have decided on a "knit to the death" activity for early May.
I will ask now for your pardon that I not speak, email, write or otherwise communicate for an indeterminate period after May 9, 2008.
I have found that I am obsessing about the war in recent days..."Can I perfect Magic Loop, 2 socks at once in the next 5 weeks??" and "What guage will they require??" Imagine if you will, that I am asking these questions of mostly NON knitters....I may as well be asking if Peter Pan might loan me some magic fairy dust to knit with.
In an effort to assuage my concerns, I spent $51 at the yarn shop today...2 skeins of the Weapon yarn Tofutsies @ $18 a skein..(shhhh...don't you dare tell my spouse!) and some size 1 (think toothpicks) lace weight circular needles. To meet guage, if I have to go down to size 0, I am pretty sure my hair will all fall out. I've been scanning the message boards, searching for a bit of inside info, and so far, all I have is the knowledge that the pattern will be released on GMT - which, if I get up early enough may give me a little head start.
OH. MY. GOD.
Literally. I have just realized that I have scheduled a Tastefully Simple bash at my house on, you guessed it...MAY 9!!!!!!!! There is always drinking, and not so much knitting going on at these parties, and this year, I am having Muu Muus and Margaritas...SHITE.
Color me dead in the very first round.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment