I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weirdest Yarn Ever

Well, it's time to unveil the Town Meeting/School District Meeting Socks 2008. I decided to use some Sockotta Yarn I had purchased some period of time ago. I'm not even sure which LYS I purchased it at. If I could recall, I might bring the finished items back to them and ask "What the hell??"



OK, so do we see the issue here? Either pattern would be totally fine.
ON IT'S OWN..



The end result are two socks who "kind of" look like a pair...but not really.



I wonder if there was some contest a few years back to find this ONE crazy skein of yarn and win some lifetime supply from Sockotta...somehow, I think it is just a freak of knitting nature.

I'll wear them anyhow.

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Only thing I use Sockotta for is hooking string bags.

TheBlackSheep said...

I've seen someone else use that yarn with similar results. I'm not too picky about stipes and stuff matching, even so I think I would avoid this yarn.

Janice (aka HRH, Mme. L) said...

I just wish one pattern would have stuck...these are silly socks. But then again, Town Meeting and School District Meeting (typical old fashioned New England stuff) are kind of silly too.