I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Monday, March 17, 2008

So, what have I been up to?

I realize it's been quite some time since I blogged about my knitting. It may seem as though I haven't been knitting, but as we well know, in the midst of the rest of my life, knitting is like breathing.

I have tried and finished 3 sets of mittens. 2 for the offspring, and one originally for me, until I discovered that I should NOT have assumed my hands were "average" (they aren't).





So now I realize why I haven't blogged about these, I don't have photos of all of them. I'll post later. There is a hat for Anna to match the mittens she's wearing.

I also made myself some socks. One on DPNs, and one, I learned the Magic Loop. The socks are cozy...I love the cashmere/merino blend!



I have picked up my Lady E wrap again...each time I put it down and work on other projects, it takes me forever to remember what I'm doing. As soon as I get back into it, I really love it. I just can't take it everywhere...I am happy to note, yes, those are the Harmony Knitpicks Options in use! I do love them!



Finally, Town Meeting/School District Meeting socks. I'm working with some Sockotta yarn that I've had for awhile - truthfully, I"m not feeling the love at the moment...it's tangly and not very soft..I didn't get very far at Town Meeting, since it only lasted an hour and a 1/2 - I normally get a lot more done...I intend to finish the first sock and cast on #2 before heading off to School District Meeting this coming Saturday. I am hopeful to have a new pair ready to wear by the end of Easter Sunday.

No comments: