Since we last chatted, anniversary reply cards have been arriving in the mail almost daily..we should have a full house..no more phone calls from members of the sibling brigade, so life is good.
In the next most notable news - my Mother informed me that she has a malignant lump in her breast. I am calm, and really until there is such time as to NOT be calm, I WILL be calm. I am a glass 1/2 full person, we all know it.
She gets mammograms all the time, since her only sister died of breast cancer when I was in Junior High. I am confident that this was found early, and that all will be well. Had I posted the original news 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't have this update from today - after all the scans they did last week, in fact, they DO feel it's very early, they will remove the lump and one lymph node (which they do not feel is affected, but they want to look to be sure) and then do a course of radiation and hormones. She meets with the surgeon on Friday. She will be fine. Now of course, the constant pestering to get me to go to the doctors begins. She started on it just this afternoon.grrrr..
On to other news...the weather here is just glorious. I am unhappy with the passage of summer, but now it is gone far enough from my daily life, that I have somewhat embraced the fall season.
It doesn't hurt that this is what my world outside my window at work looks like...
Beyond that, let's see...I have collected my first pair of glasses. Old age is officially setting in..it seems one of my eyes takes longer to focus than the other, and the constant (at night) swapping back and forth from close up knitting or internet surfing to the look at the tv 25 or so feet away just isn't the same..so glasses it is, just for close up stuff. Oh, like now.
I have a tale of shopping success wound in with my trip to Easton last weekend. Friday I arrived, and promptly left for dinner with 2 of my oldest friends. Fun was had, life was good, a great start..the next day we took Anna to Edaville Railroad, she and I rode the rides, we and my parents enjoyed walking around on a glorious fall day. Upon our return from there, Anna and I and my Mom headed over to the only CHILDREN'S dress shop in 3 states (I swear!). Once a child hits size 7, they want to only sell dresses that look better suited for 17 year olds. NOT ON MY 7 YEAR OLD....so Strasburg Children it is...where we found a glorious plaid dress, smocked bodice, but not baby-ish...photos to come...but the best news of all came at the sale racks next to the dressing room...a first communion dress - AB-SO-LUTE-LY FAB! Good god...besides the fact that it was so beautiful...it was on final markdown...a $200 dress, that I purchased for...............
DRUM ROLL.......................................
Forty Dollars. Can we hear an "AMEN!" yee-haw! Sold to the lady with the open mouth...I had my choice even of a 7 or an 8, but the 7 is PLENTY big enough..YAY!!
We left Easton on Sunday, headed to Jackie's for an overnight, where we just hung out...then, came home Monday (Columbus Day holiday here..so school)..
How's that for a wrap up??
2 comments:
Wow. That was a wrap up.
I'm sure your mom will be fine. Like you said, they caught it early. See? Isn't it a good thing she went early? *hint, hint*
Fantastic view. We have similar at the moment, just not from the office window. I'm obviously living in the wrong place. e should all be so lucky. :D
Oh my goodness what a lot has been happening in your life MMe L!
Lots of love to your mum and good luck with the treatment too.
Glasses...can I borrow them please I think I am heading down the same road!
Glad to hear you are still around & that you are keeping the economy going!
Love
Daffodilly
Post a Comment