I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Monday, November 10, 2008

I've been busy..

I guess. A usually happens, life gets away from me, and the blogging suffers. I suppose the first update should be on my Mom. She was operated on, the tumor is out, one lymph node is out - no sign of any further trouble...all quiet. Life is good. She is fine.

The anniversary party was yesterday. It went off without a hitch. We got there in time, had brunch, went back to my parents, visited, and once most of the guests left, and it was looking like just my siblings were going to be the only ones left...off we went. No need to stick around and be a part of any chaos that is sure to come. Not to mention, that I can only listen to the other 4 TALK for a finite period of time before my ear drums begin to bleed. Yeah, gotta go...

In other news...due to current economic conditions, DH has been home for 3 weeks quoting work while his guys work in the field. I have one thing to say "GET. THE. HELL. OUT." Good news: he's back out of the house tomorrow. WHEW. More good news: quite a bit got done in the undone game room. The only thing remaining is my cabinets and countertops...patience is a virtue...I now have my long desired bookshelves. Giddy? Me? YOU BETCHA!

On the knitting front, a friend and I did the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. Let me say that the pattern is WHACK - the sweater is cool, so cool, I am keeping this first one NOT finished, it's so cool to show people. Plus, I decided I want to do a striped one for the baby gift I am working on. Like I have time for this, right? Hell, nothing but time..the BSJ only takes a couple of days..I got that..I think. Plus, I bought some rockin' buttons today...photos to come soon..

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

Great news about your mom! I'll keep my fingers crossed that things continue to go well.

You should always make time for knitting, especially if it's COOL knitting.