I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Monday, December 1, 2008

December is upon me

I realize the blogging has been sparse, but my hands have been otherwise occupied knitting, knitting, knitting. I have a rather tight schedule complete with rotating due dates this month.

Project #1 - Baby Shower gift - the Baby Shower is next Saturday 12/6. Baby Surprise Jacket? check. Bonnet to match? check. Pinwheel Blanket? almost check. This pinwheel blanket is just a pain, while it is knit in the round, usually an easier way, this one is a nightmare. It doesn't flow around the needles, so I am constantly having to stop and wiggle it around. P-I-T-A. I currently have 600 stitches on the needles. I currently have about 1200 more stitches until I am done. I will be done today. Pictures to come soon.

Project #2 - 2 more Nisse and maybe a hat - They need to depart with the giftee on 12/16. The Nisse I'll surely get done, the hat? I'm not sure...

Project #3 - 2 MORE Nisse - due December 23 - again, I'm pretty sure I can swing them. They are small.

Wish me luck.

In other holiday news, the shopping is all done. I am not wrapped, which I usually am by now, but, see the beginning of this post. After the Baby Shower stuff is done, I'll mix in gift wrapping.

We have our tree, the last wonderful tree from the farm we have been going to. The poor man wants to retire. I can only hope that if he sells the place, the person still wants to run it like he has. The tree is up, but not decorated. Again, the knitting...I plan on doing it tonight after I finish the blanket.

Lastly, no Christmas card photo yet..and I'm pretty sure I won't get one until the weekend of 12/13..the tree needs to be decorated. That makes me feel a little rushed, but I'll print the address labels and we will be fine with that too.

So, how is your Christmas going?

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

I can relate. I'm trying to get all of the sundry Christmas stuff in between knitting time. I started Christmas knitting in Jan and still haven't finished yet! Gah!

Good luck on your projects!