One of the worst kept secrets about our household is the fact that Eric does the grocery shopping. He always has. I don't mind really, except when I am completely in the dark about what they ACTUALLY are selling these days in the grocery aisles. Every now and then, something I new NOTHING about comes into my house in the arms of a friend, and I swear I need to get into the grocery store someday soon.
Since I have no need of doing ALL of the shopping, I prefer to tag along with friends, the problem is, none of my friends will go anywhere near a grocery store with me. It was most pointed in the kindergarten year for our kids. We'd all be at drop off, and one of them would mention that they were heading to the grocery store. "OH! I'll go with you!" I would chime in, and with each of them ONLY once, they would say, "Sure, come on along"!
It seems I am dead weight on a food shopping trip. After the first time, the inevitable response was "I'm only going in for a few things....." in other words, "find some other nut to bring you in the grocery store..."
I tend to look at everything in every aisle. It does take a little longer, sure, but I feel like maybe THEY are missing these items too!! Maybe it's just me...but something the ladies don't know? Eric won't let me go with him either!
Some of my favorite recent discoveries:
Eggos shaped like LEGOs (who knew??!!)
Tuna fish in little pouches (who knew??!!)
Little caramel papers for wrapping apples (who knew??!!)
I know, I know, I need to get out more.....
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do need to get out more! :P That's the good thing about having to go shopping. You're glad to get in and out and not have to dally. That reduces the time spent looking at new things (most of which you probably don't need!
Post a Comment