Yes, the brick is the wall of my building just under my window. While it was nice in the winter, with the old buildings covered in snow, looking very New Englandy, spring is upon us, and with the windows open, it's not as pleasant. The word that comes to mind is, well, NOISY. Loud. Loud cars, with the BOOM BOOM BOOM stereos, loud motorcyles, loud trucks, loud PEOPLE on the sidewalk..I know I know, what I do expect, that they hold their conversation until they pass by my open window? A girl can hope can't she?
I will post photos of our new office situation once I get up there this week. Lola will be able to pass in and out, to lie in the sunshine out in the fresh air. She may never want to return to the Winter Office.
I am excited to get up to Camp too. I will only be there a week or 2 after Camp begins, then I'll be home all summer. I'm going to miss the guys, and I feel sad that I won't see them every day. I'm so looking forward to opening day on the 21st, to meet the kids, to meet some of the parents.
I am also looking forward to NOT having to leave the house, to pouring my coffee in the morning and heading outside to sit on the deck in the sunshine to drink it. I am so excited to bring Anna to the beach on the Cape where I used to summer as a child at the end of July. I am excited yes, that Eric will be with us.
You know, summer is what I live for all year long. It sustains me when we have 5 feet of snow on the ground, and more falling. But this summer for me is marking the passing of another year, and as I posted a few days ago, I'll be the mother of a second grader. Changed from the mother of a first grader that I was just 12 months ago. Changed even MORE from the mother I was of a kindergartener 2 years ago. Summer is change and growth and endings and beginnings.
Summer is almost here, and I'd better get ready.
2 comments:
I too am so holding on until the summer vacation...life right now is way too busy! Why do we do this to ourselves???
Wow. Turn your back for a min. and she goes on a blogging spree!
Summer is hear. I hope you are ready for it or it might just be too late.
Did you find the tooth Lola lost? I still have my dog's teeth in an egg cup. Don't know why I keep them, but I do.
Post a Comment