I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love alpaca, and Tofutsies. I don't like acrylic (like Red Heart squeaky yarns) {cringe}.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My neglected straight needles are in a big cup, my Addi Turbo Circs are in the packages they came in, and my Harmony Options are in the storage bag I ordered with them.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for 5 years, I was taught by a friend the winter we built our house (and I was home alone with a toddler while DH worked on the house!) I would say I'm a solid intermediate, with SOME advanced tendincies (I can knit 2 socks at once, Magic Loop, does that count?)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes

5. What's your favorite scent?

Cinnamon/Coffee, fresh cut grass

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

No, not really. I do like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in a pinch.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Scrapbooking (oh once or twice a year.), and I intend to learn to spin in the next year!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like all music, from the Beatles to ABBA to Pearl Jam & The Smithereens..everything but religious music. Yes, my computer can play MP3s, and I live for my iPod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love yellow, and there isn't a color I don't like, well, I'm not fond of pukey shades of green, but who is?.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, 2 kids (stepson 13, daughter 7), 2 dogs (Chesapeake Bay Retriever 3, English Mastiff 4 months).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Everything but the ponchos, I do however, wear wraps.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like socks and hats, wraps.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, and once Father's Day is over and the AC is in, I'll pick up my Lady Eleanor Wrap again!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

YUP!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular,and wooden.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I do not.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

4 months?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Hands down, Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Cookbooks, old movie DVDs, silly margarita themed stuff (glasses, napkins etc..).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?


A Shaun the Sheep pattern and a Yuletude Gnome. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions at this time.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Right now I'm working on entrelac for the first time. I've only done cabling once, and would like to get better at that.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, I am!! I am a ladies size 9 (US) narrow.

23. When is your birthday?

August 17, 1969

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes I am! My ID is "Janice"

2 comments:

Daffodilly said...

I would like to state that you are not an intermediate knitter...you are the Queen of knitters.

Who else can get a friend out of a knitting tangle, over the phone?

Especially when the friend was the one who taught her how to knit?

The one & only Mme L!

Janice (aka HRH, Mme. L) said...

How can I argue with such kind words??

;)