I greeted it with open arms, doing a happy dance. The rest of New England burst into tears.
Now, when your child goes to primary school in a VERY old building, that lacks AC as well as proper air circulation, and it is 96 degrees outside, and 94 INSIDE...do you leave them there to suffer heat stroke?
I don't.
~click on the image to embiggen it!~
That's what a 96 degree school day afternoon looks like for the kiddies I know. I collected up as many as I could dismiss of "the gang" the other available Moms gathered their kids and got here.
Of course, my Father thought I should go get them...but pointed out that they never took ME out of school, and my Grandmother never took HIM out of school, but in his words "Anna shouldn't suffer through that".
Of course not Grandpa.
P.S.
The weather changed last night with MAJOR thunder and lightning, I managed to sleep right through it...and today I had to wear a SWEATJACKET at work! 69 degrees at 12:15 when I got in my car on ths hillside.
AS IF.
No comments:
Post a Comment