After a troubling last Friday, the LAST day of school. The first week of summer school vacation has dawned under a wall of water. Friday was tough, the day of our end of the year cook out and pool party...was drenched in pouring, and I mean POURING rain....I had just ended a complicated week and wanted so desperately to sit and enjoy my party. Instead, I was battling to keep the kids out on the deck while we waited the storm out, and while I moved food in and out the soggier it got.
Note to self: Next time this happens, get out something to cover the bowls and skip the in and out crap.
Saturday was LOVELY...I worked all day, getting the kids checked into Camp. It was so very nice to meet the parents I have spoken to over the last few months. It was neat to meet the kids and then today, to see how the Camp is when it's full.
The sun shone Saturday, the rain fell (and FELL!) on Sunday. Hail, wild winds, thunder,lightning..we had it all.
Today, was more of the same. Rain, rain, go away. Today was a real winner...after a rainy day, I then had a DENTIST appointment (could today get any better??). Now, understand, I have complete debilitating panic attacks in the chair. Good god...it takes an hour and a 1/2 for a cleaning. I have a tendency to hold my breath and well, clench the chair for dear life. I am NOT a model patient.
So this is how Summer vacation has started around here. We have so much we will do in the next 2 months, but this slow, rainy start feels like how can this possibly be considered SUMMER?
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment