I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Sunday, September 28, 2008

20 questions

1. How many songs are on your iPod?

3,692 as of this moment

2. What music would you want played at your funeral?

I do love "Into the West" by Annie Lennox..but then a solid soundtrack of Irish Drinking Songs please.

3. What magazines do you have subscriptions to?

Vanity Fair, Cooks Country, Cooks Illustrated, Creative Knitting, and Cookie (which I am waiting for it to finally run out..)

4. What is your favorite scent?

I am a huge fan of "CLEAN" so Lancome's Savon Fraichelle soap, and when they made it, GAP's "Grass" shower gel.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?

Only on me...hmm..what a lovely thought to contemplate...I'd buy a small beach shack somewhere warm, and I would build and stock that little yarn shop I'd love to have, then keep the rest of the cash on hand, since I'd probably need it to keep said yarn shop in business...

6. What is your theme song?

"Unglamorous" by Lori McKenna (see below)

7. Do you trust easily?

No, absolutely not - you can thank my charming sisters for that...the knives are always out..

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?

I think, and rethink, and think again, THEN I act.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

The flipping crap weather.

10. Do you have a good body-image?

I think I see myself as others do, it's not that I am totally happy with what I see..after just seeing a photo from 1983 when I was super fit and well, tiny. Oh, did I mention in 1983, I was 14? GAHH!! Lousy body image I guess...

11. Is being tagged fun?

I never get tagged...I just swipe these things from blogs that I read..

12. How do you spend your social networking (Facebook, etc.) time?

I am a Ravelry and Facebook fan..

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

Um, the only thing I have been having with any regularity is the Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup, I'm not an addictive kind of person..

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

Nobody tags me....

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?

Just now "If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies, thanks Question 5

16. What’s your favorite item of clothing?

The Calvin Klein yoga pants that I wear around the house - thank god I bought 3 pair...I always have one ready to throw on.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

eh...they are ok..

18. What would you do if you see saw $100 lying on the ground?

If I saw the person drop it, I'd give it back, if not, I'm sure it would end up in the account of a yarn store..or finance my lunches with friends that week :)

19. What items could you not go without during the day?

I could not live without my iPod, my dogs, talking to Eric, and hugs and kisses from Anna.

20. What should you be doing right now?

Laundry (I'm almost done..) and scrubbing a couple of dirty spots on my carpet.

——————–


Unglamorous - Lori McKenna

Understated Overrated inside a Carnival ride
Curtains fading' Threadbare Rugs real nice
The baby stayed up all night

How wonderful the rhinestones on black satin shoes
How beautiful the ones I never get to use
No thrills no fuss perfectly us, unglamorous

Frozen dinner, jelly glass of wine
Tastes just fine
Two bread winners five kids in short time, with eyes just like mine

How wonderful crowded dinners at the kitchen table
How beautiful one T.V. set, no cable
No thrills no fuss, perfectly us unglamorous

No diamonds in our bathtub reams
Peanut Butter on everything
No thrills, No fuss, unglamorous
Unglamorous

How wonderful the gravel road leading to a front door
How beautiful old wool socks on a bedroom floor
No thrills no fuss perfectly us unglamorous
Unglamorous
Unglamorous

No comments: