I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The end is near

Dammit, I was FREEZING this morning. Freezing, as in, fully dressed, after my shower, and freezing cold. My feet were cold, my hands were cold, and the true sign of temperature change, my ass was cold. God help us all.

With the departure of most everyone from Camp, my office mate is not the best firemaker...UGH. OK, it's beautiful up there, and yes, I am going to STAY there till mid-October (I think). I'm going to say it now, he'd better get out that wilderness handbook and learn how to make a good roaring fire!!!

Another sign of gloom and doom? Eric is threatening to close the pool this weekend. It's a dark day. Now that the child has joined a swim team, I floated (yes, swimming pun intended..) the idea of getting a solar cover to try and extend the time "a bit" saying it would be great if she could practice..."Boy, wouldn't that BE GREAT??" he's not feeling the love for the idea.

The truth is, the pool cover ruins my life. I hate it, it's ugly. It is the dementor in my backyard. Yes Harry Potter fans, it sucks all the happy thoughts out of my soul. After all the snow we had last winter, I needed a solid 90 degree summer to replenish. What I got was rain. Optimist that I am, I still believe we WILL have Indian Summer and a big stretch of 90 degree days in the next month. and if Eric gets his way, we won't be able to use the pool.

Did I mention that word on the weather report is that it will be in the 30s tonight? Global warming, my freezing ass.

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

I do keep telling you people to send it here, but do you listen? Nooooooo. We've been having nice, sunny late summer weather and I'm ready for winter. *sigh*

Please tell me your dogs can't pull back the pool cover and get in. I know one who did that and couldn't get out again.