I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
~ Lloyd Dobler

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So, Story #1 - Election Day

Election Day in a small town is always fun - this year there were a whopping 300 voters total who voiced their opinion in the NH Primary Election. I saw my usual friends pass by, hey, 300 voters does not make for a busy day manning the check in books. I was able to get a good start on the baby pinwheel blanket...and thoroughly enjoyed the social aspect, it was a great day, that was, until dinner was served.

Dinner was served, and well, it held true to form...no, not boiled dinner, no, not beef stew...meatloaf my friends, very, very VEEERRRYYYY dry meatloaf...and lots of it! Oh, and gravy...and mashed potatoes, lumpy? You betcha! Random chafing dishes with varied overcooked vegetables..well, the meal was complete.

Even with hand counting, I was home by 8:50. Now onto November, when for sure people will be popping out of the woodwork to vote.

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

Yummmmmm!

Look at it this way, at least people turned out to vote. That's a dying art.