Sure, sure, a long post title..but good god...
Now I avoid political discussion by and large, since I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not the one to convince them otherwise. But sometimes politics in this country goes too damned far. I am always suspicious of "where" the nastiest stuff originates, and this story is no different..
On Drudge today, it pointed to this story . It seems that someone is trying to say that Gov. Palin of Alaska's youngest child (the infant) isn't hers, but actually her daughter's child. That she lied saying she was pregnant.
Some of the reasons that are being discussed { here } are that she didn't "look" pregnant when she was 7 months along and that her daughter (who she acknowledges IS pregnant and unmarried) is looking "too motherly" towards the infant as she holds him during the press event and photos the other day.
OK..these 2 things make me nutty...
Issue # 1 - she doesn't LOOK pregnant? Um, I didn't LOOK pregnant UNTIL I was 7 1/2 months along. I gained 15 lbs. TOTAL during my pregnancy, and working with the public as I did then, there were MANY people who didn't realize I was pregnant until my due date was just over a month away. PUH-LEESE...
Issue #2 - Clearly this blog MUST be written by a man, or at the very least a woman uninterested in ever becoming a mother. How else would a woman hold a baby when she herself is pregnant? She's looking at that baby adoringly since she still has some time to wait until she can hold her own. WTF???!! I used to hold EVERY baby that way, from the time I was a teenager, because I always wanted to have kids.
There is a 3rd issue which is somewhat confusing to me, they said when the Governor's water broke, she was in Texas, and she took a flight to Alaska before delivery. I don't get that actually..but clearly at some point, she spoke to her physician and the decision was made. Who of us knows, maybe she was traveling with a nurse midwife? ;)
I am sorry for Gov. Palin's daughter, the poor girl didn't ask for this kind of scrutiny, and while it's not an ideal situation for her to be in, her family seems to be supportive of her. I may not agree with everything her mother stands for, but this type of gossip is the lowest of the low. I am actually trying to decide if I should even link to the story and the blog who talk about it, since I don't want to give them a wider audience..but really, I decided I won't bring that many people over there anyhow ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment